Hello beautiful people!
Each essential oil blend is freshly made to order, and 100% natural.
Natural perfumes are much like wine, although they share the same ingredients no two bottles will ever be exactly the same. Allow 48 hours to make each blend and for oils to fully integrate.
The dominant accords of the scent will always remain the same, for example floral, spicy, herbal, woodsy, earthy accords,… but there may be some variation in intensity.
This is because essential oils are a natural living product that can be affected by anything from weather conditions to the chemistry of the wearer. You may find that some days the scent is more pronounced than others. This is not a flaw, it is nature at work without harsh man-made chemicals controlling its response.
Please note that essential oil roll-on scents do not last as long as synthetic fragrance scents.
Why? Because pure essential oils without synthetic chemicals are free to naturally dissipate their wonderful natural fragrance in a non-intrusive way. Synthetic fragrances were designed to project their scent and will sit on top of the skin and stay in the air longer. Many people (myself included) are sensitive or allergic to the synthetic chemicals that stay in the air and on the skin which is why I don’t use them.
Typically botanical scents lasts around 30 minutes, may last longer depending on application…(There are long lasting exceptions such as Patchouli, which can last about 2 hrs, others such as Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Amber, Benzoin, Vetiver, Clove may last up to 1 – 2 hours)
However, there are ways of making the botanical scent last longer. – When applying, just dab on skin – do not rub into the skin, as it will break down the molecules of the essential oil and the scent will quickly evaporate. (rubbing into skin is mainly useful for massage therapy purpose.)
1) apply to pulse points, such as the wrists, the base of throat, inside elbows, behind knees and behind ears – the pulse points create heat which makes the scent more pronounced.
2) Other areas to apply are the back of the neck, and on cooler days, even a small amount under arms(these areas tend to generate heat, and keep the scent longer.) *Use caution, although the essential oils are well diluted, blends which contain Cinnamon which may irritate sensitive skin.
3) Moisture holds the scent longer. Before applying the scent – moisturize your skin with any unscented lotion or shea butter, even coconut oil is good – has a slight coconut scent, is an excellent long lasting moisturizer, can be found at almost any grocery store- and will not clash with the scent.
4) You can apply to ends of hair or to the scalp, – either damp or dry. This product is made of only essential oils and jojoba oil, so it is very safe for your hair, and will not dehydrate it like most synthetic fragrance will. *Use caution, although the essential oils are well diluted, blends which contain Cinnamon which may irritate sensitive skin.
5) …and then there’s the ritual of applying whenever you need it. Whether its on a break at work, before a meeting or just randomly. It’s ready for you to use.
I do not recommend applying to clothing…however…I have applied the essential oil blends to cotton cardigans, t-shirts and scarves that I’ve worn (both woven and knit fabrics) that have lasted about 2 hours and did not leave a stain. *Please do not apply to silk, rayon or light colored fabrics, as it may stain those items.
100% natural essential oil scents will blend in with your body’s own natural chemistry to create a harmonious scent never overpowering like a synthetic, but a truly one of a kind scent.
You can absolutely mix and match any one of these, the essential oils always work in harmony with each other. For example you can mix a citrus accord with vanilla, or an earthy accord with floral, cinnamon with herbal, etc…
Each oil has a shelf life of about a year.
**Citrus blends age a little quicker about 6 – 8 months.
**Blends that can last over a year: Patchouli, Vetiver, Frankincense, Amber, Vanilla, Benzoin, Sandalwood, Cedarwood & Clove blends, all which age beautifully… Best to store your blends in dark – out of sunlight.
Also I’d be happy to take custom blend request, just send me a message here:
Have a great day!